Monday 27 July 2009

End of 1st Stage


Ludlow - Hereford


After a busy morning, last Sunday of term, valedictions, promotions and two services, including blessing of Canon J and I, I left Ludlow at about 1.15pm. Feeling brave I headed straight down the A49 over Dinmore hill, not as bad as I had anticipated. Had a spot of lunch with Canon Jeffry (my side kick and tech support) at Dinmore services. The heavens opened with vengeance, not the outpouring Fr James had prayed for! Slightly scary moment after descending the other side, driving rain, actually slightly painful on the eyes, an on coming car overtook at high speed and poor visibility, headed straight into my lane and the moved over to try and knock me off the bike!! Was he drunk? I don't know, but it was scary, missed me by a few feet.


Arrived at about 4.15pm, enjoyed Gin, Roast Lamb and one or two glasses of red.